Sunday, June 13, 2004

Unbelievable

Life has strange ways of showing you the mirror.
It so happened that I was trying to network on Orkut and decided to hook-up with my school mates, mainly my classmates in the 11th and 12th standard. The easiest way to look for friends on Orkut is to use the "Friend Finder" where you can search by name. After searching for some of the guys I thought maybe I should look for some of the girls who were there in my class. And then it hit me. I couldnt remember a single name!! After spending two years in the same class I couldnt remember the names of my classmates. It was shocking. It was embarrassing.
Well, so much for networking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hye,
I do not know how I stumbled upon your blog but I sure did find it interesting than usual. The incident that you narrated about ORKUT has left me bewildered me in more than one ways. I do not know whether it would lift your spirits or not but you are not alone on the road. I have been in even worse situations.
Kartik

Kabuliwallah said...

Kris,
@ d age of 40, u'll forget ur Name!
@ d age of 60, u'll forget ur kids Names!
@ d age of 80, u'll forget ur 1st wive's Name!

So, u know u r going good!

K said...

I've got comments! I've got comments! Yayy!
Well, Karthik, the incident was really bewildering for me. And all the more so coz it was the girls' names that I cant recall. As a consolation, I was able to remember one name after picking my brain for almost 20 mins.

Hey Som, I seem to be right on target according to the plan of yours. ;-) But I have a small question. How will I forget my name before I forget my kids' and wife's name?