Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I hope

Things are going to get very painful in the coming days. The outcome is going to be very uncertain. I hope I can survive. I am reminded of the last few lines of "Shawshank Redemption".

"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope. "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, this is the very 1st time i m posting as comment on a blog, so i dnt knw if this is "blogically"" correct or not....anyway, what else is there apart frm hope?hope drives u fwd...hope is wht u r left wth whn all else r gone...
the last few lines of Shawshank are perhaps the most poignant n positive in th entire movie...with its undertones.....but the last few lines r truly awesome ...

anyways,hope is all some ppl have..especially if u r stuck in a pathetic place like the one I m now....overworked, underpaid..with no sign of any change.
& the situation gets worse by the day...

so there we r...wth hope & nothing else to hold on...